BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I've searched the web for the past 2 days with no luck. I have a C# app that will generate a .sas file. From there I want to use that file and execute it with a command line statement. The .sas file I created has macro calls in it. When I run it locally I get a log file to at least generate and tell me what is wrong but when I run it on the server I get nothing. Not even an error in the Windows Event Viewer.
Any possible help would be very appreciated.

Thank You
4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
You could start to investigate the SAS system options LOG, ALTLOG and LOGPARM (with WRITE=IMMEDIATE). Be sure to pint search paths to directories where the user that runs the program have write access. Try to run it interactively from a command prompt at the server, and maybe interactively in a DMS SAS session.

Hope this helps,

Linus
Data never sleeps
deleted_user
Not applicable
Here is the full path i'm using
"C:\Program Files\SAS\SAS 9.1\sas.exe" -sysin c:\test\test.sas -log c:\test\test.log -print c:\test\test.lst

I now getting a log file but if I already have a log file there it doesn't overwrite it, why is that? Plus i'm getting some rights access error but I have full rights on the box.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
SAS default behavior is to overwrite log-files etc. Are you sure that the previous SAS process has ended or that any other process/program (Notepad etc) is not locking the log file? Are you using the same user account? What user rights error message do you get?

Typically, these kind of problems needs to be solved at the site by testing different thing, in order to narrow dow the problem, like testing different input programs, start from different directories, using different user account...

In problems regarding user rights, maybe the Windows server administrator can help.

Regards,
LiInus
Data never sleeps
deleted_user
Not applicable
Linus,
thank you for the help. You were right the previous process wasn't finished.

So far so good

Thank You
Jerry

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation