BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

the DATE system option causes the SAS session start date and time to be printed on SAS output.

Is it possible to display this date in another language?

-Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

try using local=dutch_netherlands (alias: nl_nl, dutch, nl) or duth_belguim (alias: nl_be) with dflang=dutch or locale, if using locale make sure it is set after the local is set or it will use the original locale instead of the updated.  This would probably be why you are experiencing trouble as far as I know.

options local=nl dflang=dutch /*option 1*/;

*options dflang=locale; /*option 2*/

setting local also alters your definitions for encoding and papersize, so be aware of possible consequences.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
art297
Opal | Level 21

One way to change it is by changing the format used in the template for the proc.  Is the language you want one of the ones shown in the date formats shown at: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003168458.htm

?

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

thanks but too complicated.

a colleague got it working with options options locale=dutch and options dflang=locale.

it works in our test environment but not in production, don't know why yet.

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

try using local=dutch_netherlands (alias: nl_nl, dutch, nl) or duth_belguim (alias: nl_be) with dflang=dutch or locale, if using locale make sure it is set after the local is set or it will use the original locale instead of the updated.  This would probably be why you are experiencing trouble as far as I know.

options local=nl dflang=dutch /*option 1*/;

*options dflang=locale; /*option 2*/

setting local also alters your definitions for encoding and papersize, so be aware of possible consequences.

Ksharp
Super User

I perfer to the way mentioned by Art.

The format is used like other normal format , if the sas is dutch version .

Ksharp

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

downside of this is that you have to do it for every proc that you use, and that it involves proc template, which I find utterly complicated.

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

thanks, this works.

my code:

options locale=nl dflang=locale;

proc print data=sashelp.class;

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation