BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ThomasH
Calcite | Level 5
Hello all,

I am trying to do the following:

There is 1 implementation and 1integration environment. Both contain a DB/2 database with different user/pass settings. In the physical storage of my table I have set up a profile with user/pass, which is no longer valid, when I deploy my .sas files to the integration environment.

The user/pass are pre-assigned in the SAS config files per environment and would need to be accessed via &DBUSER and &DBPASS - is it possible to set up the profile like this in the Management Console or do I need to do it differently?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas
3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Some information is unclear to me:

What do exactly mean by "In the physical storage of my table..."?

Do you wish to continue to use user/pass from config, or use the ones registered in the metadata?

If you wish to use metadata passwords, you have to them in sync, and the re-generate your code upon change.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
ThomasH
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Linus,

thanks for your reply.

With ph. storage I mean the "physical storage" tab of the table.

And I would like to use user/pass from the config, so I do not have to regenerate the code but only put another config to another environment.

Regards,
Thomas
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi Thomas

What I have seen working is:
- The metadata definitions use &DBUSER and &DBPASS (like that, as text string).
- The values are set in the autoexec -> %let DBUSER=....

The deployed code contains then something like ..password=&DBUSER... - which resolves at runtime and based on the value set in the autoexec used.

HTH
Patrick

And yes: use proc pwencode to mask the passwords at least a bit.

Message was edited by: Patrick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation