BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
irasharenow100
Calcite | Level 5

I am just getting started with the SAS University Edition on a Windows 7 machine.
I am getting a warning that the library does not exist even though it shows up in the library pane. I am also getting an error message that the physical file does not exist even though it does. I used copy and paste operations in order to make sure I did not make a typo.
I realize that in the code I am displaying I am writing to the work library.
Can someone please help me debug?
Thanks.
Code
libname ch5a "C:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\Base Chapters\Chapter 5";
filename data1 "C:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\Base Chapters\Chapter 5\ch5a.txt";
data sas1;
infile data1;
input ID 1-3 Name $ 5-7 Salary 10-12;
run;

proc print data = sas1;
run;
Log file
1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
58 libname ch5a "C:\\SASUniversityEdition\\myfolders\\Base Chapters\\Chapter 5";
NOTE: Library CH5A does not exist.
59 filename data1 "C:\\SASUniversityEdition\\myfolders\\Base Chapters\\Chapter 5\\ch5a.dat";
60 data sas1;
61 infile data1;
62 input ID 1-3 Name $ 5-7 Salary 10-12;
63 run;

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/C:\\SASUniversityEdition\\myfolders\\Base Chapters\\Chapter
5\\ch5a.dat.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
WARNING: The data set WORK.SAS1 may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 3 variables.
WARNING: Data set WORK.SAS1 was not replaced because this step was stopped.
NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
real time 0.01 seconds
cpu time 0.03 seconds

65 proc print data = sas1;
66 run;

NOTE: No observations in data set WORK.SAS1.
NOTE: PROCEDURE PRINT used (Total process time):
real time 0.01 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

70 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

SAS University Edition runs on a virtual machine. That's like a separate computer "inside" your computer. 

If you look at the file paths: They are UNIX/Linux and not Windows. In order to use something on you C drive you must map this C drive to your virtual machine. 

Here a link to a posting which explains this better. https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/how-to-use-own-data-in-SAS-university-edition/m-p/174...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation