BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cdubs
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all, 

I've had code like

libname test "Z:\my_name\Temp"; 

And it's been working very fine and I've been able to access all the sas datasets... up until today (it was even working this morning). Wondering what could have changed? 

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

You may be having network issues? For some reason the Z drive is no longer accessible.

Can you navigate to that folder/drive manually in Windows Explorer?

@cdubs wrote:

Hi all, 

I've had code like

libname test "Z:\my_name\Temp"; 

And it's been working very fine and I've been able to access all the sas datasets... up until today (it was even working this morning). Wondering what could have changed? 

cdubs
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the reply! 

I can navigate manually in Windows explorer... 😞 Maybe I'll wait a day or two... 

Reeza
Super User

Assuming you've tried restarting and such already? If its a network glitch you may need to reboot your computer. 

Depending on your set up it's also possible some access authorization expired, ie if you need to reset a password X days apart that could be the issue as well. 

Good Luck!

@cdubs wrote:

Thanks for the reply! 

I can navigate manually in Windows explorer... 😞 Maybe I'll wait a day or two... 

ballardw
Super User

Or someone changed your permissions with out telling you.

cdubs
Quartz | Level 8

It is via a client/server environment. I ended up manually setting up the library by pressing the "new library" button. That works! 

Thanks for your input!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation