BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RobW
Calcite | Level 5
Hi all. EBI noob here, but we're still having to bridge the old way of doing things with the new world. So, we've got EBI running on a UNIX box. I would like to access a folder (containing SAS dataset) on our Windows/Novell server using EG running on the Unix compute server. Seems like it would be simple enough to build a libname statement to the other server, adding some host and log-in arguments, but I just haven't been able to pin down the syntax. Is this possible?

Thanks.

rmw
3 REPLIES 3
DanielSantos
Barite | Level 11
Hi

Here's my everyday script:
[pre]
/* signon to remote */
%let sasR = upc6001sas01 4600;
options comamid=tcp;
signon sasR user=_prompt_;
/* or if you do not wish to be prompted for user/password */
*signon sasR user=myuser password=mypassword;

/* assign remote lib */
rsubmit;
libname mylib 'physica-path' access=readonly;
endrsubmit;
libname mylibR server=sasR slibref=mylib;
[/pre]

Hope it helps.

Cheers from Portugal.

Daniel Santos @ www.cgd.pt
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
That was an example of the "old school", which requires SAS/CONNECT on both SAS client and server. The more "modern" way to connect from EG to an EBIS installation is connect to it's workspace server through the metadata server. Contact your EBIS system admin for details concerning portnumber, authentication, library assignment on the server etc.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
DanielSantos
Barite | Level 11
Hi guess, I'm an old fashion guy 🙂

Well, I don't work often with SAS/EG, so yes, this will work for EG, but it is mostly a technique for SAS/BASE.

Linus is right, but accessing a remote server through the metadata definition should be more transparent to you, and you shouldn't have the need to literally code it yourself.

Cheers from Portugal.

Daniel Santos @ www.cgd.pt

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation