BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kiamatt
Fluorite | Level 6

This is my first time posting, ao I hope this is in the correct location.

I am attempting to get thruogh the e-learning couse for Programming 1 using the newest (I think 9.4) version of SAS. I am using AWS to run it.

There are a few setup slides, and I keep getting stuck on the second setup. Here are the steps (in bold):

Task 1: Create a folder for your practice files and define the orion library.

1. Create a folder named ecprg193 (the code for this course) in a location on your computer or network where you might typically store SAS files.
  2. Open this ZIP file and extract the Excel files to the folder you created in the previous step.

3. Start SAS.
  4. Copy and paste the following code into the Editor window in SAS. Don't run the code yet - you must edit it in the next step.

%let path=FILEPATH\ecprg193; 
    libname orion "&path";

5. Edit the program as follows:

1. In the first line of the program, replace the word FILEPATH with the path to the ecprg193 folder you created in Step 1.

Note: If you do not know the the filepath, right-click the ecprg193 folder in Windows Explorer and select Properties. Copy (Ctrl+C) the filepath next to Location, highlight FILEPATH in the Editor window, and paste (Ctrl+V) the filepath you copied.
    2. Do not change anything in the second line of the program.

Note: In Base SAS on Windows, you can use either backslashes ( \ ) or forward slashes ( / ) in your filepaths and SAS will interpret them correctly. Forward slashes are used in the example code in this course because they work in all SAS environments.
  6. Click Submit Submit tool to submit this program to SAS.
  7. Check the log to make sure that the libref orion was successfully assigned.

1. You should see the following note in the log:
    NOTE: Libref ORION was successfully assigned 

You have defined the orion

library and SAS knows where you are storing your practice files.

1. If the program does not run successfully, make sure you created the folder that you are referencing, and review your program for errors. Correct the errors and resubmit the program.
  8. Activate the Editor window and click Save Save tool. Name the program setup.sas and save it in the same folder where you saved your practice files.

IMPORTANT: Each time you start a new SAS session, you must open the setup.sas program from your folder location and submit it to define the orion library so that you have access to your practice files.
  9. With the Editor window still active, click Clear All Clear All tool to clear the its contents.

I am doing this exactly. I created the folder on my desktop, I shared the folder to Everyone, and I still can't get it to work.

THis is what I typed in:

%let path= C:\Users\PC_User\Desktop\ecprg193;
libname orion "&path";

And this is the error I keep getting over and over:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
56 %let path= C:\Users\PC_User\Desktop\ecprg193;
57 libname orion "&path";
NOTE: Library ORION does not exist.
59 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

Can anyone help me out?
Thanks!
Kia
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

There should be instructions for University Edition, if not specifically for University Edition in AWS. 

Try those instructions. It looks like your viewing the instructions for a desktop installation. 

EDIT: I did confirm there are instructions for setup in SAS UE, as well as note at the bottom specifically for SAS UE on AWS.  I have not tested them however. 

The first test is reading the instructions 😉

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

There should be instructions for University Edition, if not specifically for University Edition in AWS. 

Try those instructions. It looks like your viewing the instructions for a desktop installation. 

EDIT: I did confirm there are instructions for setup in SAS UE, as well as note at the bottom specifically for SAS UE on AWS.  I have not tested them however. 

The first test is reading the instructions 😉

kiamatt
Fluorite | Level 6

Where are those instructions? CAn you paste the link you found them at?

Reeza
Super User

No, it's in the ecourses so there's no link. 

Set for University Edition and then a note at the bottom about AWS set up. 

kiamatt
Fluorite | Level 6

Oh my. I feel silly. I thought each of those was setting up something different, not just for different versions! THank you so much!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation