DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Libraries not present everytime i open SAS university Edition

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Libraries not present everytime i open SAS university Edition

Hi Experts,

I am using SAS University Edition. Every time i open SAS i do not see the the libraries i created before i see the below libraries.

Lib Before.png

Everytime i need to execute the below code so that i see my Libraries

libname Staging '/folders/myfolders/Staging';

After executing i can see my tables intact in the library.

But why does library goes off everytime. Does the same happen with Enterprise edition of SAS ?

Thanks,

Shadab.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
2 weeks ago
Super User

Re: Libraries not present everytime i open SAS university Edition

A library assigned with a libname statement is only active for the duration of the session.

A google search for "permanent library in sas university edition" will get you lots of information how to automatically assign a library at the start of a new UE session.

In an enterprise environment, libraries are defined either in metadata, or by putting the libname statements into autoexec_usermods.sas files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

If you created it using the new library task (under libraries) you can click on an option that will add the libname to your autoexec file. Of course, you could do that manually as well. e.g.:

Capture.JPG

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Solution
2 weeks ago
Super User

A library assigned with a libname statement is only active for the duration of the session.

A google search for "permanent library in sas university edition" will get you lots of information how to automatically assign a library at the start of a new UE session.

In an enterprise environment, libraries are defined either in metadata, or by putting the libname statements into autoexec_usermods.sas files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation