BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
TMiller16
Fluorite | Level 6

Can someone give me the Code to create a library using an Access DB on a local server (X:ab/cd/ef.accbd)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Typically it is as simple as 

libname ac Access "X:ab/cd/ef.accdb" access=readonly;

What did you try?

PG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Typically it is as simple as 

libname ac Access "X:ab/cd/ef.accdb" access=readonly;

What did you try?

PG
TMiller16
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you! that was the push I needed, now I am good with the connection.

When using SAS statements to JOIN two tbles, is it as simple as JOIN?
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

LIBNAME is a layer of abstraction that allows you (at least in principle) to ignore the exact origin of data tables. But you should always check the data type of imported table columns, especially date types. 

PG
RahulG
Barite | Level 11

To connect MS Access database, we need to create ODBC connection. 

Need to create ODBC string then use that string to create MS Access Server in SAS Management console 

Then you can either create library using wizard or write LIBNAME statement to use MS Access table 

For more details refer to following link

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bidsag/68193/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n167cjb87i0x9wn1h1q...

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acpcref/63181/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1wvmggexroxgyn17...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation