DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

‪Libname Orionx pcfiles Path="C:\Users\......\Documents\SAS\SAS Learning\ecprg193\sales.xl

Occasional Contributor

‪Libname Orionx pcfiles Path="C:\Users\......\Documents\SAS\SAS Learning\ecprg193\sales.xl

Hello team,

When I run this code based on the instruction to access an excel file on my document:

Libname Orionx pcfiles Path="C:\Users\......\Documents\SAS\SAS Learning\ecprg193\sales.xl

It gives these error message:

ERROR: The SERVER= option is required for establishing a connection through the SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Please let me know how to fix it,

GN0001
Super User

Re: ‪Libname Orionx pcfiles Path="C:\Users\......\Documents\SAS\SAS Learning\ecprg193\sales.xl

Super User

Re: ‪Libname Orionx pcfiles Path="C:\Users\......\Documents\SAS\SAS Learning\ecprg193\sales.xl

Are you running this on a server? If so the server likely doesn't see your hard drive.

Since your libname statement does not show a ; you might want to repost the entire statement and verify the file extension and that you have matching quotes.

You may have to ensure the file isn't open with another program like Excel.

You might check the file to make sure that the read only file property has not been set. (or use the Access=Readonly option in the libname statement.

Double check that the Pcfile server was installed

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation