BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GN0001
Barite | Level 11

Hello team,

When I run this code based on the instruction to access an excel file on my document:

Libname Orionx pcfiles Path="C:\Users\......\Documents\SAS\SAS Learning\ecprg193\sales.xl

It gives these error message:

ERROR: The SERVER= option is required for establishing a connection through the SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Please let me know how to fix it,

GN0001
Blue Blue
2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Are you running this on a server? If so the server likely doesn't see your hard drive.

Since your libname statement does not show a ; you might want to repost the entire statement and verify the file extension and that you have matching quotes.

You may have to ensure the file isn't open with another program like Excel.

You might check the file to make sure that the read only file property has not been set. (or use the Access=Readonly option in the libname statement.

Double check that the Pcfile server was installed

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation