BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Reeza
Super User

Most likely that path doesn't exist then.

If you copy and paste that directory into a windows explorer does it work?

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Drew,

did you cut-n-paste the "physical Name"'s above?  There is an embedded blank after the "_" in the DMS Process one that does not exist in the code with the libname.

Doc

qh8519a
Calcite | Level 5

Wow - something so simple.  There was an additional space in the file directory name.  Thanks for all the help! 

esjackso
Quartz | Level 8

I refuse to tell how often Ive been bit by that over the last 10+ years.

Glad you got it solved!

EJ

omkar22k
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am using SAS on a server and I have been irritated to the core in searching for a solution for this issue.

I am trying to create a new library by entering the following

LIBNAME DAT 'C:\Users\omkark\Desktop\SAS';

And am getting the following message:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

58 LIBNAME SAS 'C:\\Users\\omkark\\Desktop\\SAS';

NOTE: Library SAS does not exist.

61 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

Please do guide me accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

esjackso
Quartz | Level 8

So your code and the log notes dont match ... is that what you are really seeing after submitting the code you list?

If you were having problems with the DAT libname it would say Library DAT does not exist. Unless this is a forum formatting thing and you didnt mention what type of server you are running on ... but you have double slashes in your path which will not work on some OSs (maybe all ... Im drawing a blank here).

Just a few observations...

Eric

PS -- By the way this is a pretty old thread ... you might get more help starting a new topic.

Message was edited by: Eric Jackson

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Drew,

Some other thoughts:

-- can you run the program in batch WITHOUT the scheduler?

-- is your interactive SAS running an autoexec script that is changing the configuration on you?  The log should show if something is being run even if it doesn't provide the details.

Are you running 64 bit SAS or 32 bit SAS (both will run in the Win 7-64 bit environment).  I assume you have Win 7 Pro or higher.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 in conversation