BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shirishkamath
Obsidian | Level 7

Does SAS 9.4 M3 support KFIND function?

8 REPLIES 8
shirishkamath
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks. We are using SAS 9.4 M3 and the dbcs sasexec to execute our program. But we see that it does not recognize KFIND and gives the below error:

ERROR 68-185: The function KFIND is unknown, or cannot be accessed

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Afraid I don't know then, it should be part of 9.4.  Perhaps contact your SAS support guys.

Ksharp
Super User

kindex()   ?

shirishkamath
Obsidian | Level 7
ok, so with 9.4 M5 (Sasexe dbcs) I am able to use KFIND. But it now gives me transcoding errors. How do I workaround this?
shirishkamath
Obsidian | Level 7

ok, so with 9.4 M5 (Sasexe dbcs) I am able to use KFIND. But it now gives me transcoding errors. How do I workaround this?

Ksharp
Super User

That is due to your sas session encoding is different from the sas dataset encoding.

Change your sas encoding into the same as sas dataset .

ballardw
Super User

What is KFIND supposed to do?

The function LARGEST returns the "k" largest nonmissing value of a list of values:

a = largest(3, 1, 4, 5, 27, 8, 6); the first value is the 'k' and would return a=6. the values may be constants or variables

SMALLEST works similarly for the smallest values,

ORDINAL returns the th kth smalles to missing or nonmissing

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation