BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
malcolmM78
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everyone, 

Could anyone please let me know how the job market is for a certified SAS base programmer. I am planning to do my certification. I am new to SAS, and planning to take classes with SAS for my certification as a base programmer to start with. 

All your valuable inputs are very much appreciated ! 

Thank you so much !

Regards

Malcolm

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Where in the world are you? It varies locally.

malcolmM78
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza, 

Thank you for your reply. I live in Toronto, Canada. Sorry, I forgot to mention where I live 🙂

Thank you again. 

Regards

Malcolm

Reeza
Super User

I would recommend connecting with TASS, the TO area SAS User Group. 

malcolmM78
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Reeza for your guidance. I have already posted in the Toronto SAS group and hoping to have some answers 🙂

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Thats really a question along the lines of "how long is a bit of string".  The best people to ask would be recruitment agencies as its their role to get staff/roles and do a lot of market research on it.  But I doubt even they have a clear picture.  There are plenty of roles out there worldwide, but are they real roles, will they meet your expectations, will you meet theirs etc.  What do you want, can you move (region/country), what ties do you have, previous experience etc.  To me certification doesn't mean a lot (education in general), I would look for hands on experience.  Far too many parameters to condense even into a broad answer here (and its not really SAS related).  Good luck with it all anyways.

malcolmM78
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you RW9 for your advise. I am hoping to have more hands on experience with SAS. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation