DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Is there any statement to close opened data set

Occasional Contributor LHV
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to find a statement to close a data set that is already opened by other process.

I have to manually close it inorder to allow other process to modify the dataset

Tried to use OPEN and CLOSE functions, but no luck. I am using SAS EG 4.1/SAS 9.1.

Can any one help me to close opened dataset.

Many thanks inadvance

PROC Star

As I've still never used EG, I don't know if the following is relevant.  However, if it is, possibly you can issue a dm statement that calls the close statement.  Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000167815.htm

Respected Advisor

Not sure what you mean by "other process" but in case this is about having a table open in EG and then trying to run some code in another window trying to modify this table:

You can change some of EG's standard behaviour via "Tools/Options". No more sure what's available in EG4.1 - in EG4.3 I would de-select under

"Results General" the option "Automatically open data or results when generated",

"Data General" the option "Automatically open data when added to project"

I would select under

"SAS Programs" option "Close all open data before running code"

@Art

I believe the DM commands are only applicable for the windowing system on top of a SAS server and not for a client application like EG.

Super User

I think you need privilege of Administrator to kill these process.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation