BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LHV
Calcite | Level 5 LHV
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to find a statement to close a data set that is already opened by other process.

I have to manually close it inorder to allow other process to modify the dataset

Tried to use OPEN and CLOSE functions, but no luck. I am using SAS EG 4.1/SAS 9.1.

Can any one help me to close opened dataset.

Many thanks inadvance

3 REPLIES 3
art297
Opal | Level 21

As I've still never used EG, I don't know if the following is relevant.  However, if it is, possibly you can issue a dm statement that calls the close statement.  Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000167815.htm

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Not sure what you mean by "other process" but in case this is about having a table open in EG and then trying to run some code in another window trying to modify this table:

You can change some of EG's standard behaviour via "Tools/Options". No more sure what's available in EG4.1 - in EG4.3 I would de-select under

"Results General" the option "Automatically open data or results when generated",

"Data General" the option "Automatically open data when added to project"

I would select under

"SAS Programs" option "Close all open data before running code"

@Art

I believe the DM commands are only applicable for the windowing system on top of a SAS server and not for a client application like EG.

Ksharp
Super User

I think you need privilege of Administrator to kill these process.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation