BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ericliuzh1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Attached is a question about : Which options are used to create the following PROC PRINT output?

According to the answer key, B is the correct option because the DATE and NONUMBER system options cause the output to appear with the date but without page number. In the PROC PRINT step, the DOUBLE option specifies double spacing, and the NOOBS option removes the default Obs column.

I did not see DOUBLE SPACING from the output table, so I select D.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Eric

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

What is the source of the question? 

If this is the third edition the errata guide is here.

https://support.sas.com/en/books/content-updates-base-prep-guide.html

If it's an older version, you'll need to find the corrected update page. Not sure it's available.

From a quick scan, I would also say D would be the correct answer, not because of the DOUBLE but because of the NOOBS not being on C. 

@ericliuzh1 wrote:

Hi,

Attached is a question about : Which options are used to create the following PROC PRINT output?

According to the answer key, B is the correct option because the DATE and NONUMBER system options cause the output to appear with the date but without page number. In the PROC PRINT step, the DOUBLE option specifies double spacing, and the NOOBS option removes the default Obs column.

Eric

ericliuzh1
Obsidian | Level 7

It is the fourth edition.

ballardw
Super User

@ericliuzh1 wrote:

Hi,

Eric

I agree that the picture you show does not indicate the blank line between observations I would expect in the LIsting destination using the DOUBLE option in proc print. Who published that in when?

ericliuzh1
Obsidian | Level 7

Fourth edition Prep Guide. Ch.5, Q5.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I am checking with the Editors of the Prep Guide whether the screen shot is wrong or the answer is wrong.
Cynthia
ericliuzh1
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, Cynthia.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I heard back from the editors that D is the correct answer for this question. They will get this added to the errata. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Cynthia
ericliuzh1
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you, Cynthia.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation