DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Interpreting/translating glimmix output into a formula for use in Excel or other programs

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Interpreting/translating glimmix output into a formula for use in Excel or other programs

[ Edited ]

Capture.JPG

I have a data set which displays a "lognormal" shaped dependence of Y on X. The data is radioactive emission rate as a function of time. I see a rapid rise in the early stages followed by a slower decay over time.

The code I use is as follows:

proc glimmix data = QUERY_FOR_SUB1CT;

model rate = time / dist=lognormal link=log noscale solution;

run;

I found this code in an example in the communities. My question is how do I translate the results into a function that I can use in another program such as Excel. My parameter estimates are:

Parameter Estimates

Effect

Estimate

Standard
Error

DF

t Value

Pr > |t|

Intercept

time

-Infty

<.0001

Scale

I see on Wikipedia that the lognormal pdf is as attached in the pic but I fail to see how to populate this equation given the SAS output.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-16-2017 10:30 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Interpreting/translating glimmix output into a formula for use in Excel or other programs

Are you sure that you want to use LINK=LOG? 

To model lognormal data, most people use only DIST=LOGNORMAL and an identity link function.The assumption is that

LOG(rate) is normally distributed and is estimated by 

LOG(RATE) = -17.23 - 0.00013*Time + eps

where eps (the residuals) is normally distributed with a variance that is estimated by the scale parameter.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎11-16-2017 10:30 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Interpreting/translating glimmix output into a formula for use in Excel or other programs

Are you sure that you want to use LINK=LOG? 

To model lognormal data, most people use only DIST=LOGNORMAL and an identity link function.The assumption is that

LOG(rate) is normally distributed and is estimated by 

LOG(RATE) = -17.23 - 0.00013*Time + eps

where eps (the residuals) is normally distributed with a variance that is estimated by the scale parameter.

New Contributor

You are correct. I forgot to alter my code in what I posted above. On my machine I am using an identity link, such that results appear as follows.

Parameter Estimates

Effect

Estimate

Standard
Error

DF

t Value

Pr > |t|

Intercept

<.0001

time

<.0001

Scale

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation