BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mksas33
Calcite | Level 5

Capture.JPG

I have a data set which displays a "lognormal" shaped dependence of Y on X. The data is radioactive emission rate as a function of time. I see a rapid rise in the early stages followed by a slower decay over time.

The code I use is as follows:

proc glimmix data = QUERY_FOR_SUB1CT;

model rate = time / dist=lognormal link=log noscale solution;

run;

I found this code in an example in the communities. My question is how do I translate the results into a function that I can use in another program such as Excel. My parameter estimates are:

Parameter Estimates

Effect

Estimate

Standard
Error

DF

t Value

Pr > |t|

Intercept

time

-Infty

<.0001

Scale

I see on Wikipedia that the lognormal pdf is as attached in the pic but I fail to see how to populate this equation given the SAS output.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Are you sure that you want to use LINK=LOG? 

To model lognormal data, most people use only DIST=LOGNORMAL and an identity link function.The assumption is that

LOG(rate) is normally distributed and is estimated by 

LOG(RATE) = -17.23 - 0.00013*Time + eps

where eps (the residuals) is normally distributed with a variance that is estimated by the scale parameter.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Are you sure that you want to use LINK=LOG? 

To model lognormal data, most people use only DIST=LOGNORMAL and an identity link function.The assumption is that

LOG(rate) is normally distributed and is estimated by 

LOG(RATE) = -17.23 - 0.00013*Time + eps

where eps (the residuals) is normally distributed with a variance that is estimated by the scale parameter.

mksas33
Calcite | Level 5

You are correct. I forgot to alter my code in what I posted above. On my machine I am using an identity link, such that results appear as follows.

Parameter Estimates

Effect

Estimate

Standard
Error

DF

t Value

Pr > |t|

Intercept

<.0001

time

<.0001

Scale

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation