BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TomekO
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I have been struggling recently with the RSUBMIT command. I have some processes that use it several times. The trouble is that sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesnt. Usually, within one job, it succesfully commences and executes a few, but then it may fail on one. After that, all subsequent RSUBMITs fail the same way.

Here is the error I receive:

NOTE: Remote signon to DB_DUNNT commencing (SAS Release 9.03.01M2P081512).
No application is associated with the specified file for this operation.
ERROR: A communication subsystem partner link setup request failure has occurred.
ERROR: Cannot start remote process.
ERROR: Command could not be executed.

The online help doesn't have an relevent help. Most fixes rely on the process always failing. Also, I am not running any threads/tasks with the same name. It just seems to sometimes work, and sometimes not. 

Any ideas? 

A kink in this problem is that I am executing this code on a sever that I don't have access to. However, any promising ideas can be passed on to people who do so they could implement them. 

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

It's likely a network issue...connection issues to the server.

But if you get kicked off you may be leaving phantom processes behind that are being cleaned up automatically the next day. They may be able to take a look and see if there's anything on that side that points to issues.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This type of problem is better dealt with by SAS Tech Support so I would open a track if you haven't done so already.

Also your SAS workspace server log would be worth checking out as it should be recording the failed connections.

You could post your signon statements as well just in case they point to anything. 

seandavis69
Fluorite | Level 6

We have an ongoing and similar issue with the error ;

We see it intermittently but with some interesting factors;

1. The error is intermittent, it does occur within the first 5 minutes on an hour nearly exclusively, though we have

also seen it occur up to five minutes after the half hour too, say 8:35.

2. It only happens when we perform an Oracle bulk load via a proc append function which transfers control to SQLLDR.exe and creates a dat, log and ctl file, the error occurs prior to actually beginning the load.

3. Given the two conditions above if we were to attempt a PROC append and use the bulk loader options which invoke SQLLDR, and it was 5 minutes after the hour, we would likely encounter a "No application is associated with the specified operation" error. As a side note, these are the only conditions we have ever seen this error, also we run many bulk loads via proc append that do not fail, because they do not run during those particular timeframes. 

We have been to SAS support numerous times throughout years, yet this issue persists, unresolved, I would be curious to know if you have found more information you could share about this error? 

ERROR: Command could not be executed.

NOTE: Statements not processed because of errors noted above.

NOTE: PROCEDURE APPEND used (Total process time):

real time           0.74 seconds

user cpu time       0.32 seconds

system cpu time     0.21 seconds

memory              381.93k

OS Memory           12588.00k

Timestamp          11/20/2017 06:08:07 PM

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation