BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
We need some urgent help in configuring Message Queue Polling from the Object Spawner.
We are using the Websphere MQ. Scenario : When a message arrives in a WebSphere MQ Queue a SAS ETL Job needs to be triggered.
This SAS ETL Job will read the message and process it.
Above mentioned scenario is mentioned at "http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/messageq/sasqsid.html"
But it is not clear how to do it.
Can any one suggest how to accomplish such a scenario, or give an alternative suggestion.

Thankyou for your earliest attention.

Regards,

Kapil
4 REPLIES 4
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
A search of the SAS support website http://support.sas.com/ revealed this technical reference on your topic/question:

Configuring WebSphere MQ to Trigger SAS: An Example
http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/messageq/trigger.html

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Scott,
I have gone through this link also. I tried out the configuration, but the main issue is how to configure which job to trigger when a message arrives in a queue. I am using Windows OS for SAS server as well as for MQ server.
Using the method given in the link when I send a message to the transmission queue, The trigger manager gives an error that the TMC command is not recognized. I used runmqtmc -m QMSAS -q QSAS to start the trigger monitor (I am using MQ Client that's why i am using runmqtmc and not runmqtrm). The trigger monitor stars without any problem but when i send a message the trigger message is printed on command prompt : "TMC 2QSAS PROCESSOBJECTSAS QMSAS "
TMC is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or a batch file.

The issue remains (for any approach) where to configure the name of the job which is to be triggered.

Can you suggest any thing for the same.

Thank You,
Kapil.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Scott,
Also i would like to ask does the triggering of SAS ETL Job from MQ work in Enterprise edition of SAS Server only. I am working on Data Integration SAS server (Which is not an Enterprise Edition).

Thank You,
Kapil.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I don't think that there is any limitation with reading queues with ordinary DI Server license. About your problem, it seems something you might want to open a track to Sas tech support.

Regards,
Linus
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation