DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Incorrect link to SAS code to create practice data

Occasional Contributor ngn
Occasional Contributor

Incorrect link to SAS code to create practice data

In video course (Chrome browser) SAS Programming 1: Essentials setup instructions:

Task 2: Create the practice files for the course — you only have to do this once.

1. At the top of the Files and Folders pane, click New New tool and select SAS Program.

2. Click here to open a popup window with the SAS code that creates your practice data. Select all of the code (Ctrl+A or Command+A) and then copy it (Ctrl+C or Command+C)

The "here" link opens a popup window at this address: https://support.sas.com/edu/viewmyelearn.html, which does not have the code.

Is there an alternate place to get the code or can someone copy it here?

Thank you.

Super User

Re: Incorrect link to SAS code to create practice data

[ Edited ]

I cannot replicate that issue in Chrome on a Mac.

Version 58 and is up to date. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Reeza. I am on Windows PC. 

This may provide some clue: I just tried your link, and got that same incorrect address as before. Not sure why is redirecting.

Super User

Ok, I'm assuming you're logged in while trying but I suspect the redirect may actually be on Google/Chromes side in this case. I've seen this behaviour elsewhere and it's hellavu annoying. It's actually why I stopped using Chrome. 

If you send me a direct message or turn on private messages I can send you the code directly. Or try a different browser first Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Reeza. That would really help. I tried 3 other browsers with the same result.

How do I turn on private messaging or send a direct message?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation