BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
michshoot
Fluorite | Level 6

PicsArt_03-18-05.30.31.jpg

hiii

there is no setting to get the outputs only in the output window?
my problem that I do not see the plots in the output window but are stuck on the desktop

is there any setting in the tools that can make me change the destination of the plot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Did you try my earlier suggestion and did that not work?

Or change it in your Preference>Results>

Choose HTML, then it will show up all as one document. 

@michshoot wrote:
my problem that I do not see the plots in the output window but are stuck on the desktop

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
michshoot
Fluorite | Level 6

PicsArt_03-17-10.16.47.jpg

Reeza
Super User

Listing doesn't support graphs. Use HTML, PDF, RTF or a different ODS destination instead.

You can turn on ODS HTML using:

ODS HTML;

Or change it in your Preference>Results>Check the options you want.

@michshoot wrote:

PicsArt_03-17-10.16.47.jpg

michshoot
Fluorite | Level 6
Reeza
Super User

Did you try my earlier suggestion and did that not work?

Or change it in your Preference>Results>

Choose HTML, then it will show up all as one document. 

@michshoot wrote:

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Unless you are using RTF or PDF or HTML5 destinations (where the image is embedded in the output file), the default behavior for Display Manager in Windows is to write your images to disk and then to build an IMG tag that points to the image location.

When I use this code in ODS HTML (taking full control to specify the GPATH and PATH locations),

proc_reg_code.png

Then I do see ALL the output in my HTML file (sorry, to see ALL the output, I had to make the browser really, really small):

use_gpath_for_html.png

The images are still in my C:\temp folder, as shown here:

external_images.png

The image links may also appear in your Results Window if the LISTING destination is also open. When you click on the image icon, the default behavior is to open your system's designated picture viewer to show you the file. When you create RTF, PDF or HTML5 output, it is possible to create output where the image is embedded in the output. Please refer to the ODS documentation for more information about using these destinations.

When I use ODS RTF, ODS PDF or ODS HTML5, then I ONLY see the output files in my c:\temp folder:

embed_graf.png

Hope this is useful,

Cynthia

michshoot
Fluorite | Level 6

is there any setting in the tools that can make me change the destination of the plot?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
The "output" window in Display Manager is the LISTING destination. When you use GCHART, with the LISTING destination opened, the graph images will be sent to your GPATH= location, not the Output window. However, when you click on the icon in the Results pane, the images will open using your default picture viewer (the icon in my screen shot is for my picture viewer default of FullShot).

For example, see this code, where I have turned off all other destinations and then opened the LISTING destination and changed GPATH to c:\temp\output location.

graph_in_listing.png

The tabular output will appear in the Output Window, but the images will appear in my picture viewer, not in the Output Window. You have to use ODS HTML, PDF, HTML or other destinations, as I showed to get the Tables and Graphs together.

cynthia

Here's an example:

I don't actually recommend using LISTING unless you need to get the graphs into separate PNG files.

michshoot
Fluorite | Level 6
I made a small grammatical error in the photo:
plots are not saved in the output of sas but in the desktop .. the problem that I do not see the plots in the output window .. what setting should I convert ???
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Click on the + sign next to Reg in the Results window pane on the left. Develop the hierarchy, at one point you will see icons for the graphs.

PG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation