BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
michelconn
Quartz | Level 8

I've found some code that works great at importing a xlsx file from a URL. The code successfully creates a duplicate of the file onto my computer but when I try to import the file into SAS I get the following issue.

Could not find 'workbook' entry in xlsx file.  rc=8014900E (-2146136050)
Requested Input File Is Invalid
ERROR: Import unsuccessful.  See SAS Log for details.

If I open the file then save it SAS can import the file successfully. That isn't too big of an issue I would just prefer it be automated. I'm quite sure the file is an xlsx file as there is no prompt warning from excel when I open the file. I have also downloaded a third party program that recognized the file as an xlsx file.

Any suggestions?

filename cm1url HTTP "http://tti.tamu.edu/documents/ums/congestion-data/complete-data.xlsx";	

data _null_;
  n=-1;
  infile cm1url recfm=s nbyte=n length=len;
  input;
  file  "C:\temp\TestPROCtoNDC.xlsx" recfm=n;
  put _infile_ $varying32767. len;
run;

proc import file='C:\temp\TestPROCtoNDC.xlsx' out=PCR_day
	dbms=xlsx replace;
	getnames=no;
run;	
2 REPLIES 2
s_lassen
Meteorite | Level 14

Maybe a stupid question, but what happens if you skip the copy part, and just try to import the file from where it is?

filename cm1url HTTP "http://tti.tamu.edu/documents/ums/congestion-data/complete-data.xlsx";	

proc import file=cm1url out=PCR_day
	dbms=xlsx replace;
	getnames=no;
run;	
michelconn
Quartz | Level 8
From my understanding and the forum I found this answer on that will only work with CSV. With the excel format you have to copy the file essentially bit by bit.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation