BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAShole
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I have data in the following format, Dataset.sql.dat & Dataset.sql.dat.gpg

Is it possible to bring this data into SAS?

I'm running SAS 9.2 64bit on windows XP

thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

SAS can probably not read those files directly, if they are database files.

SAS can access them trough a common API, such as ODBC and OLEDB.

Are those SQL Server databases?

Either case, you also need a database server up and running to answer calls from SAS via above mentioned API:s.

You aslo probaly need a SAS licence for aprpia te SAS/ACCESS product.

Data never sleeps
SAShole
Pyrite | Level 9

It turend out the .sql part was just naming convention (and therefore not an extension) and the .dat part was a generic extension that the client uses and the .gpg is associated with compression.

I changed the .dat to .txt and opened it up in an editior and it was Pipe delimted!

Thanks for your response.

BobD
Fluorite | Level 6

FYI, the ".gpg" extension usually means it is an encrypted file (using GnuPG, here if interested http://www.gnupg.org/).  It's not a "compressed" file per se; although gog normally compresses a file during encryption, you cannout uncompress it yourself.  The one without ".gpg" on the end is probably the decrypted copy of the same file.

And note that you did not need to rename the file with ".txt".  If it's just a plain text file, any editor can open it by that name. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation