BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CameronL
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had success in doing this or if it is possible?

I'm trying to find a way to do an insert/update routine to load a dataset from SAS into a SharePoint list.  I'm sure there is some way I could assign a libname, fileref or even execute a shell script to do it at worst case.  From what I can see, I can't find any methods in owssrvr.dll that can handle it.  Any help is appreciated.

Cam   

4 REPLIES 4
LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

Cam;

Depending on the MS Office version you have, you can download the MS Access database for that list  to a network folder and run it from there-You need MS Office 2010 and SAS 9.2 (version 2 or 3) to access the accdb db. From there anychanges will be reflected in the parent list online.

That is the only way I found to update those lists. Please also be aware that the lists are only suppose to hold about 2000 items. Otherwise it begins the degrade Sharepoint across the entire enterprise.

I found myself in trouble with IT with 60,000 items at one point.

Hope this helps.

Lawrence

san_ran
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Lawrence,

Can you please provide more details. I have not found anything on the internet regarding this. We have MS Office 2010 but SAS 9.1. will this method you are suggesting work still?

I have created the access table which is basically a MS Access linked table. For some reason my method is not being able to write in this table. I am able to manually copy and paste data to the access table but not able to automatically update with SAS code.

Please help

manojinpec
Obsidian | Level 7

what is the error you getting?

LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

San Ran-

You need SAS 9.2 version 2 or 3. I think I found out about this after I attempted to run it from my home computer (9.2 ver 1) and it didn't work as prior verions dont have the new MS OLE drivers for the ACCDB database.

I can't recall now where I found the info. Either on this forum or I may have called SAS on the issue.

Lawrence

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation