BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I've a code like below and it seems to be running as excepted. However, I could see a error message in SAS log for some reasons which I could not figure out.

data log.output_file ;
  infile "&path/output_file.txt" firstobs=2 truncover ;
  input fname $400. ;
run;

%macro sas_log_analysis;
data log.log_analysis;
set log.output_file;
filename=fname;
length fname $400;
infile dummy dsd truncover FILEVAR = fname END = end_of_file LRECL=32000;
DO WHILE (not end_of_file);
input var : $ 3000.;
/*filename=fname;*/
var1 = _infile_;
if var1 = :'201' then do;
Date_TimeStamp= scan(var1,1," ");
output;
end;
end;
%mend sas_log_analysis;

%macro java_log_analysis;
data java;
set sashelp.class;
run;
%mend java_log_analysis;

%macro dotnet_log_analysis;
data dotnet;
set sashelp.class;
run;
%mend dotnet_log_analysis;

data _null_;
  set log.output_file;
  if fname =: '/usr/sas/sas_config/Lev1/SASApp/StoredProcessServer/Logs/SASApp_STPServer' then call execute ('%sas_log_analysis;');
  else if fname =: '/usr/sas/tir/test/loganalysis/temp_java' then call execute ('%java_log_analysis;');
  else if fname =: '/usr/sas/tir/test/loganalysis/temp_dotnet' then call execute ('%dotnet_log_analysis;');
else put 'no log files';
run;

data _null_;
  set log.output_file;
  if fname =: '/usr/sas/sas_config/Lev1/SASApp/StoredProcessServer/Logs/SASApp_STPServer' then call execute ('%sas_log_analysis;');
  else if fname =: '/usr/sas/tir/test/loganalysis/temp_java' then call execute ('%java_log_analysis;');
  else if fname =: '/usr/sas/tir/test/loganalysis/temp_dotnet' then call execute ('%dotnet_log_analysis;');
else put 'no log files';
run;

Log.output_file has records like follows.

fname
/usr/sas/sas_config/Lev1/SASApp/StoredProcessServer/Logs/SASApp_STPServer_2015-10-04_19142.log
/usr/sas/tir/test/loganalysis/temp_java.log
/usr/sas/tir/test/loganalysis/temp_dotnet.log

For testing purpose, I've created a empty log files as temp_java.log and temp_dotnet.log. Could someone tell me that these two empty log files are root cause for the error?

NOTE: There were 5472 observations read from the data set LOG.LOG_ANALYSIS.
NOTE: The data set WORK.LOG_TABLE_FINAL has 5472 observations and 7 variables.
NOTE: The PROCEDURE REPORT printed pages 1-406.
NOTE: PROCEDURE REPORT used (Total process time):
      real time           5.47 seconds
      cpu time            5.43 seconds

13        + close;  ods listing;  ods listing close;;
14        + data java;  set sashelp.class;  run;

NOTE: There were 19 observations read from the data set SASHELP.CLASS.
12                                                         The SAS System                              06:17 Monday, October 5, 2015

NOTE: The data set WORK.JAVA has 19 observations and 5 variables.
NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
      real time           0.00 seconds
      cpu time            0.00 seconds

14        +                                     ;
15        + data dotnet;  set sashelp.class;  run;

NOTE: There were 19 observations read from the data set SASHELP.CLASS.
NOTE: The data set WORK.DOTNET has 19 observations and 5 variables.
NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
      real time           0.00 seconds
      cpu time            0.00 seconds

15        +                                       ;

ERROR: Errors printed on page 6.
4 REPLIES 4
Quentin
Super User
Hi, it looks like you have cut out the key portion of your log (log line 16 through 266 are missing). If you would at those lines, you should see an ERROR: message. If you need help understanding the message, please post that section of the log.
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I did not missed anything between the lines16 to 276 as I copy/paste it from log window. Nothing in between the line 15 and 265. I don't see any error before that.
Quentin
Super User
Well, then I'm flummoxed. You mean the log skips from line 15 to line 267? Are you submitting this code via EG? If so, suggest you turn on the options to the EG-added wrapper code. Also suggestion you turn on options mprint and source2. SAS clearly thinks it printed an error somewhere.
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

You need to expand the "plus" as else you're hiding the relevant parts of the log.

Capture.PNG

As for the code you've posted: I can run it without errors as long as the files listed in "output_files.txt" files exist.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation