BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DaveShea
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

Whilst casually strolling through the SAS Help Centre today looking for something completely unrelated, I came across the INTGET function. Being a big fan of the INTNX function I thought I would take a look at this INTGET function as it might be useful.

The documentation is at:
http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lefunctionsref&docsetTarget=n0jlf76lzb3kqun17sg20vkvvt8j.htm&...

Well, now I've read the documentation and seen the examples and even created a few examples myself. The function works just as planned.

My question is: Can anyone suggest a real-life situation that this function might be used in ? I know what the function does, I just cannot yet think of situations when I might use it.

I do not doubt that someone, somewhere in the world of SAS users uses this function, but I would really like to have some good example reasons of what business purposes they resolve by using the function.

Any thoughts ?

I am using SAS 9.04.01M4 under Windows 7 Professional.

Cheers,

Downunder Dave.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

I suspect the main users might be those dealing with time series data and wanting to determine the appropriate settings for some of the ETS modeling procedures. From my limited use of those procedures if you model with a "daily" data interval and the data is actually once per week you get errors or funny results.

A more obscure use would be if you are creating multiple rows from some parameters such as

do startdate to endate;

output;

end;

You might want to set a conditional interval based on the result of INTGET. You will find a moderate number of questions on this forum about expanding datasets with similar code but no INTGET portion.

Kudos for being the first person to ask about INTGET on this forum. At least I didn't get any hits when I looked to see if someone had a specific need/use for the function.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

I suspect the main users might be those dealing with time series data and wanting to determine the appropriate settings for some of the ETS modeling procedures. From my limited use of those procedures if you model with a "daily" data interval and the data is actually once per week you get errors or funny results.

A more obscure use would be if you are creating multiple rows from some parameters such as

do startdate to endate;

output;

end;

You might want to set a conditional interval based on the result of INTGET. You will find a moderate number of questions on this forum about expanding datasets with similar code but no INTGET portion.

Kudos for being the first person to ask about INTGET on this forum. At least I didn't get any hits when I looked to see if someone had a specific need/use for the function.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I too have never used this function so thanks for pointing it out @DaveShea. Since it produces the same date and time intervals as can be used in INTNX I'm wondering if it might be useful for examining a series of dates or time then using the intervals from INTGET in INTNX.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation