DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

I want to know how the IN= operator works in merge . Need to know what it happens in PDV

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

I want to know how the IN= operator works in merge . Need to know what it happens in PDV

Hi Team,

Iam new to SAS and I want to know how the IN= variable in works in merge , need exaples how it varies from all joins example left join right join inner join and full joins . I need how it different in PDV

Thanks 

Manesh KP

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-03-2016 08:15 AM
Super User
Super User

Re: I want to know how the IN= operator works in merge . Need to know what it happens in PDV

Posted in reply to ambadi007

You would be best off reading the manual on the subject:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000131134.htm

For instance.  In is a bit like an alias in SQL, so the statement:

if a...

a is 1 or 0 depending on if the record comes from that dataset which a references.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Re: I want to know how the IN= operator works in merge . Need to know what it happens in PDV

Wow. There are literally tons of examples using merge with in=. Just search support.sas.com.
In= isn't typically used with SQL joins.
Data never sleeps
Contributor

Hi Linush,

Thanks for the reply . I just want to know how in the background (PDV) it works . 

what is in= ?

how it works?

Thanks 

Manesh

Super User

IN= defines a boolean (=numeric) variable that is not included in output datasets and is intended for use in conditions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Solution
‎05-03-2016 08:15 AM
Super User
Super User

You would be best off reading the manual on the subject:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000131134.htm

For instance.  In is a bit like an alias in SQL, so the statement:

if a...

a is 1 or 0 depending on if the record comes from that dataset which a references.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation