BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ambadi007
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Team,

Iam new to SAS and I want to know how the IN= variable in works in merge , need exaples how it varies from all joins example left join right join inner join and full joins . I need how it different in PDV

Thanks 

Manesh KP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You would be best off reading the manual on the subject:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000131134.htm

For instance.  In is a bit like an alias in SQL, so the statement:

if a...

a is 1 or 0 depending on if the record comes from that dataset which a references.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Wow. There are literally tons of examples using merge with in=. Just search support.sas.com.
In= isn't typically used with SQL joins.
Data never sleeps
ambadi007
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Linush,

Thanks for the reply . I just want to know how in the background (PDV) it works . 

what is in= ?

how it works?

Thanks 

Manesh

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You would be best off reading the manual on the subject:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000131134.htm

For instance.  In is a bit like an alias in SQL, so the statement:

if a...

a is 1 or 0 depending on if the record comes from that dataset which a references.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation