BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dan12345
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am running SAS university Edition with  VM-fusion. I need the: @ and $ but: alt + 2 , alt + 4  , does not work when I am Using SAS in a browser, why Am I getting this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
Reeza
Super User
I'm not clear on what's your issue.

In the browser you can't enter certain characters? Is your computer language English by default? Which browser are you using and is the issue present in all browsers?
dan12345
Calcite | Level 5

It seems like a simple problem I want to  get @ , $  using : alt + 2  and alt + 4 , and it won't allow me to do it in the section which i have pointed out in the picture

Skärmavbild 2015-11-13 kl. 18.51.26.png
dan12345
Calcite | Level 5

I use:  Safari Version 8.0 (10600.1.25.1), my computer language is swedish by default

JoshB
Quartz | Level 8

Have you tried using the shift key? Shift + 2, Shift + 4

dan12345
Calcite | Level 5

above i wrote that I used  cmd + 2 and cmd + 4 , mistake! but I have edited it to alt + 2 and alt + 4  which would give me @ and $ .

What happens when i do:  alt + 2  is that the "code window" jumps/switches to the "log window"  and once i do: alt + 2 again it goes to the "result window", 

code --> log ---> result 

when applying alt + 2, but as I have mentioned it should be @ or atleast how it works when I am not using SAS university edition

dan12345
Calcite | Level 5

shift + 2  gives: "  and shift + 4 gives: €

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You should open a support ticket with SAS.

Normally in this type of frustrating situation I end up using copy-paste.  So open a file in NOTEPAD or other editor that works with your keyboard and type the problem characters there.  Highlight them and copy them. Then go back to the SAS Studio window and paste them in.

dan12345
Calcite | Level 5

hehe, the problem is that I cant even copy from eg.  a .txt file and paste it into my "SAS browser". I give up , i will borrow another computer which not a MAC computer,  😞

Reeza
Super User
It works fine on my Mac using Chrome.

To copy and paste, it does warn you but there's a way around it. I can't recall if you need to Right click or use the menu at the top to copy and paste.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation