BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
zhaosi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi:

I want to use the macro catalog not named "sasmacr".

Firstly, I create a macro.

libname test "d:\test";
options sasmstore=test sasautos=(macrfile sasautos) mstored mautosource spool;
%macro test /store source;
proc print data=sashelp.class;
run;
%mend test;

Secondly, I close the SAS and rename the file "D:\test\sasmacr.sas7bcat" to "D:\test\macr.sas7bcat". And then submit the code as follow. But it's error.

libname test "d:\test";
filename macrfile catalog 'test.macr';
options sasmstore=test sasautos=(macrfile sasautos) mstored mautosource spool;
%test;

1 REPLY 1
Hobbes
Calcite | Level 5

On SAS 9.1.3 (in the newer versions I don't know if they persist) there are several restrictions on stored compiled macros:

• Sasmacr is the only catalog in which compiled macros can be stored. You can create a catalog named Sasmacr in any SAS library. You should not rename this catalog or its entries.
  • You cannot copy stored compiled macros across operating systems. You must copy the source program and re-create the stored compiled macro.
  • The source cannot be re-created from the compiled macro. You should retain the original source program. For convenience, you can store the source program in an autocall library. Alternatively, you can store the source program as a source entry in the same catalog as the compiled macro.

in  "SAS Certification Prep Guide Advanced Programming for SAS9"

Hobbes

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation