BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Havi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All

Please advise.

I extract huge datasets and convert them to CSV format. I have these files saved on a UNIX server. What is the best way to send these files to a Big data VM appliance. Is it possible to send them from my remote session in unix while converting them to CSV?  What are some of my alternatives?

Thanks a million

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Can't that this is a SAS issue really. How the file transfer is made is a matter of DW architecture.

SAS-wise, do you have a batch job that does signon to a remote UNIX SAS session, and creates those files there?

If you don't want to involve the scheduler on the UNIX host, it could seem simple to kick a shell script on UNIX that handles the sftp part.

There is also a SFTP filename "engine" available in SAS, if you would like to have the logic within the SAS job.

Data never sleeps
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Depending on your environment, there would be more than one options, some of the popular ones are:

1. If you have SAS/CONNECT, your Unix server is running SAS and you only transfer SAS files, please see :"Proc Download"

2. Google "Samba drive"

Make sure you have SFTP server running on your Unix server:

3. Use one of the SFTP clients, the one I use the most is "WINSCP"

4. Filename SFTP if you have SAS 9.2 or higher.

Haikuo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation