BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pheynix
Calcite | Level 5

Does anyone know how to read a MS Access database table into SAS for mainframe?  Is it best to export data to the desktop and then FTP the MS Access data into a mainframe dataset for mainframe SAS to read in?  Or is there syntax I can use in a mainframe SAS program that would allow me to read the table directly when I run my mainframe SAS program?

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Can you read it using SAS PC and proc upload the data set?

pheynix
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you!  Do you  (or does anyone reading this) know of some sample syntax for the proc upload to get the table into mainframe?  

pheynix
Calcite | Level 5

Or do I even need to use proc import at all?  Can I just define a library in my mainframe SAS code, something like this?

LIBNAME mydata ACCESS PATH='c:\myaccessdb.accdb';

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation