BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jiawenabby8
Fluorite | Level 6

How do I quickly find the specific dataset in a library, since I have hundreds of datasets in that library.

for example:

I want to open one dataset (named 'test') from the 'lib' library. Instead of every time I have to scroll down and look for the dataset, is there any search options or shortcut that I can use to quickly open the dataset?  

I am using 9.3 (TS1M2)

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

If you know the name of the data set and the library, such as lib.test in your example, type in the command box (the one with the check marke next to it in your posted image)

vt lib.test

VT is the viewtable command that is run when you click on a dataset icon.

If you want to be able to sort or modify the data use

vt lib.text openmode=edit

to make changes to the data set.

And if the set you want to see by any chance is the last one created

vt _last_

and you don't even have to remember the spelling.

If you find the vt _last_ helpful you might add it to a keys menu and it becomes a single key command.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
Change it to list view for starts and then you can sort alphabetically, or by size.

Click in the work library, select View (menu)>Details
Jiawenabby8
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, it's very helpful.

ballardw
Super User

If you know the name of the data set and the library, such as lib.test in your example, type in the command box (the one with the check marke next to it in your posted image)

vt lib.test

VT is the viewtable command that is run when you click on a dataset icon.

If you want to be able to sort or modify the data use

vt lib.text openmode=edit

to make changes to the data set.

And if the set you want to see by any chance is the last one created

vt _last_

and you don't even have to remember the spelling.

If you find the vt _last_ helpful you might add it to a keys menu and it becomes a single key command.

Jiawenabby8
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you so much, very informative!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation