BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Is there a way to query the metadata from the metadata server to enumerate users that have been set up through SAS Management Console?
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Your question falls under the category of Security Administration or Platform Administration and is outside the scope of this discussion forum for SAS Macro, Data Step and SAS Language elements. The Security Administration piece of the Platform Administration documentation is a 239 page document. http://support.sas.com/documentation/configuration/bisecag.pdf

There is not a set of steps or code that can be posted to the forum. The whole Platform Administration documentation links are here:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/configuration/

For more help with this task, I recommend that you contact SAS Technical Support.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

Step01:

Create xml query_logins.xml:

$METAREPOSITORY
Login

SAS

Step02: Start SAS V9
Step03: Set up OPTION for PROC METADATA

FILENAME input "C:\TEMP\XML\query_persons.xml";
FILENAME output "C:\TEMP\XML\query_persons_out.xml";

PROC METADATA REPOS = "Foundation"
SERVER = "127.0.0.1"
PORT = 8561
USERID = "SASADM"
PASSWORD = "PWD"
IN = input
OUT = output HEADER = FULL;
RUN;

STEP04: Run code
STEP05: Check query_persons_out.xml

M.
deleted_user
Not applicable
matej...

besides there being one mistake in your code ("Create xml query_logins.xml:" - should be changed to query_persons.xml), it worked just fine. It did exactly what I had asked, it brought me back an XML file with the usernames of all the people that have been manually added in the SAS management console.

With this info, I think I'll be able to write the code to do my own version of identity management. Thanks so much!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation