BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
b384b7
Calcite | Level 5

How to solve this problem?ccc.png

4 REPLIES 4
Astounding
PROC Star

If you want to create a summary data set, the first step is to read the documentation on PROC SUMMARY:

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=proc&docsetTarget=p0aq3hsvflztfzn1xa2wt6s35oy6.htm&docsetVers...

ballardw
Super User

Since this looks a lot like homework what have you tried so far?

If you get errors or unexpected output we are very willing to help with addressing issues but doing someone else's homework without evidence of at least trying ...

Show code and any errors from the log by copy and paste into a code box opened using the forum {I} menu icon.

You are being asked to summarize data. Try searching the SAS online help for "summary" and see if anything pop up.

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20
proc means data=dailyprices nway maxdec=2 ;
class symbol;
var price;
output out=want(drop=_:) mean=price_mean n=price_n max=price_max min=price_min;
run;

EDIT: I have a smilar home work too. Any chance are we class mates at my college Smiley Tongue 

b384b7
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much. I was trying to achieve this by using data step, but I was unable to make any sense out of it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation