BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I got an error as follows while reading the file. Only I work on this file and I've closed it before running SAS program. Could someone guide me to overcome this error?

NOTE: The variable fname exists on an input data set, but was also specified in an I/O statement option.  The variable will not be 
      included on any output data set.
Resource is write-locked by another user.  File 
=/usr/sas/sas_config/Lev1/SASApp/StoredProcessServer/Logs/SASApp_STPServer_2015-09-29_tmp_18208.log.  System Error Code = 
ERROR: File is in use, /usr/sas/sas_config/Lev1/SASApp/StoredProcessServer/Logs/SASApp_STPServer_2015-09-29_tmp_18208.log.

5 REPLIES 5
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

SASApp_STPServer_2015-09-29_tmp_18208.log seems to be a log file automatically created by stp server. Why do you want to read/write it?

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I need to read the log file to create a dataset. My question is how to get rid of the error 'file is in use'?

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Can you check which process is responsible for the lock? Afaik the STP-server and its sas-processes do not lock their log files.

Edit: http://superuser.com/questions/97844/how-can-i-determine-what-process-has-a-file-open-in-linux

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

My log file is in the below location. I did checked the process running in this folder and I could found below.

-bash-4.1$ lsof /usr/sas/tir/test/loganalysis/
lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /root/.gvfs
      Output information may be incomplete.
COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF    NODE NAME
bash     6394  sas  cwd    DIR  253,2     4096 9718657 /apps/tir/test/loganalysis
lsof    10676  sas  cwd    DIR  253,2     4096 9718657 /apps/tir/test/loganalysis
lsof    10677  sas  cwd    DIR  253,2     4096 9718657 /apps/tir/test/loganalysis
-bash-4.1$ 

Do I need to kill all the PID?

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I could not delete that process as well. Could someone  guide me?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation