DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

How to convert a dataset into it's corresponding WOE values

Contributor

How to convert a dataset into it's corresponding WOE values

I have done fine classing and coarse classing on the required set of variables. From which I have gathered the outputs.

I want to know how can I convert this dataset into a new one that will consist of the values and the corresponding WOE's. (I have both missing values and outliers included).

e.g from course classing I have the file for a variable (Say income) that contains:

Min_Val     Max_Val   NoObs    RESP     NRESP    TOT_RESP     TOT_NRESP      WOE      IV

.                   .                2321     764         1233            11170               22000            .0321     .011687

0.3              2.6             6000     2000        3000          11170                 22000             .0632      .06140

I think I need a file that should contain

Income         income_WOE

not sure how to do this conversion.

Super User

Re: How to convert a dataset into it's corresponding WOE values

This is definitely not my area of expertise but I see that WOE can be calculated in the HPBIN procedure.
Data never sleeps
Contributor

Re: How to convert a dataset into it's corresponding WOE values

Thanks @LinusH. I have already calculated the WOEs for both categorical and continuous variables. But wondering, how to do the variable transformation for further analysis. Even I am not sure on the next step.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation