BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
radha009
Quartz | Level 8

my excel data has the strike data. when i import in sas the strike data also imported and considering as real data. How can i clear the strike data and import the excel in sas

ss.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

SAS just pulls the contents of the cells. It does not care what fonts or colors you are using.

If you want to import metadata about fonts, colors or other text attributes that are applied to the contents of a cell then you will need to do something in Excel first to convert that into information that is stored in another cells.  

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_other-mso_2010/formula-to-iden...

radha009
Quartz | Level 8

Applied VB script in excel to remove the strike though data and saved the excel and import.

radha009
Quartz | Level 8

Can we call the VB function in SAS to execute the excel sheet and import

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@radha009 wrote:

Can we call the VB function in SAS to execute the excel sheet and import

As long as SAS is running on a Windows platform then you should be able to use SAS to execute any command you want. You can use one of the statements that runs commands (x, %sysexec, command) or use the PIPE filename engine.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation