DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

How to call macros without using %INCLUDE Statement

Occasional Contributor

How to call macros without using %INCLUDE Statement

Hi All,

I have some concern on using macros in other sas program files but without using %INCLUDE statement.

Requirement:

I have a sas macro named SendMail.sas which is used to sent out email notification, As of now I am using %INCLUDE statement to call this file in other SAS Program files.

Is there any way I can directly use the macro without mentioning the %INCLUDE statements all the time.

Thanks,

Sangramjit

PROC Star

Re: How to call macros without using %INCLUDE Statement

Posted in reply to SangramjitPanda
Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to novinosrin
Thanks novinosrin, I tested the autocall library approach by storing the macros at the ~/sasautos path. It worked fine.
Super User

Posted in reply to SangramjitPanda

Or do the %include within the autoexec so it's loaded when you start SAS. 

However, this would be a production type usage, others who use your program may not know where the files are stored so I'd document it somehow within your programs. There are often questions on here about someone trying to find a former colleagues old macro definitions....

SangramjitPanda wrote:

Hi All,

I have some concern on using macros in other sas program files but without using %INCLUDE statement.

Requirement:

I have a sas macro named SendMail.sas which is used to sent out email notification, As of now I am using %INCLUDE statement to call this file in other SAS Program files.

Is there any way I can directly use the macro without mentioning the %INCLUDE statements all the time.

Thanks,

Sangramjit

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Rezza, this idea worked.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation