BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
afiqcjohari
Quartz | Level 8

The datawarehouse uses SAS 9.1 while on the workstation I'm able to use SAS 9.3.

SAS 9.4 Studio is available through a web browser but it's pretty much a standalone without a proper connection to the datawarehouse yet.

So I'm left with SAS 9.1 on the server and SAS 9.3 on my desktop. I need to connect to the server in order to access the data or SAS tables. Since the server still uses SAS 9.1 and can't be easily configured, I often prefer using SAS 9.3 on my desktop to take advantage of the later features.

The dilemma I have here is that, the data is huge so downloading them to my current desktop is a definite no. But if I want to plot some graphs using Proc Sgplot, I can only do that on my desktop. 

So how do I create graphs using proc sgplot (or in fact use any function like cmiss(), anything post SAS 9.1) using SAS desktop

without having to download the data from the server?

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Well you could use SAS 9.1 on your server to pre-summarise your data and then just download the summary needed for graphing. Of course you would have to know the type of summary in advance but that shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation