BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi to all,
let me explain the problem: I have to connect through SAS to a JDBC driver in order to read the data from an Oracle and create some datasets...actually I've found a lot of solutions involving the problem, but on the other way (reading from SAS with Java, using JDBC).
We're trying to read from an Oracle server, with a thin driver. I've tried to define a tnsnames with that information, but without any success...so I'm asking:

1) Is it possible to read from an Oracle thin driver with SAS?
2) What do I need in order to do it? The client has got licensed ONLY SAS Access for Oracle...

Thanks in advance

Daniele
3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Why do you have to use JDBC? Is there a problem to have SQL*NET installed on SAS server? This will be easiest way to pull data from Oracle to SAS.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,
actually I don't know...I hadn't enough time to test it (first I received a wrong tnsname, then they sent me this JDBC...), and the problem is that I haven't a direct connection or VPN to test it, and I'm sending "suggestions" over how to configure the Oracle, but I'm not sure they're doing alright (they're in the middle of a migration from SAS 8 to SAS 9, and Oracle 8 to Oracle 10...)...
The JDBC points to an Oralce Thin connection, and at the moment we haven't been able to connect to that source through SAS...
Thanks anyway

Daniele
tejkiran
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Daniele,

This issue was raised a long time ago.. Hope you would have found a solution. I am trying to connect to a third party database having JDBC(not oracle) through SAS. So were you able to connect? Please let me know the steps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation