BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VVDR
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to execute the below code by sing BASE/ SAS:

libname rams teradata user=sas_user password=XXXXX database=database server=prod;

it is showing the below error. Can you please provide your valuable inputs asap.

Error: The SAS/ACCESS interface to TeraData cannot be loaded. The SASTRA code appendage could not be loaded.

Please let me know what are the prerequisites to connect to the Teradata DB as it is a first time access.

Thanks,

Rama Sarma

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

Is Access to Teradat licensed? 

Check license with proc setinit and installation with proc product_status. 

VVDR
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza,

Yes ..it is licensed version.

When I run proc setitin the below log is coming related to teradata. It is in Grace period and we are able to use it for other querying purpose. 

SAS/ACCESS Interface to Teradata
30MAY2016

When I run product-status, I am getting the below status message.

SAS/ACCESS Interface to Teradata ...
Custom version information: 9.4_M2.

Hence, Please suggest me with the next move.

Reeza
Super User

You have to explain your set up. 

Are you a desktop SAS or server?

Does ODBC work?

Also, I would contact SAS tech support. They're fast and helpful. 

VVDR
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

From SAS server I am able to connect, but from desktop version only I am trying and I am getting the above mentioned error.

And my next move is, following support.sas.com to resolve the issue. But I am not able to get the exact resolution.

One more question is like..do we need to work with Teradata team to declare any IP address of our Base SAS to get the access?

Thanks.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You should definitely work with the TD to resolve any connection and athorization issues, but I don't think your IP is used by default as part of the authorization - but check to be sure.

First step should be to connect to TD from the local (on the SAS server) TD cleint (or any other ODBC client application that can use the TD client ODBC driver) to see if you can connect.

Once verified that par, go on to configure and connect from SAS.

Data never sleeps
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Access to RDBMS works like this:

DB client is installed on SAS host

DB connection is configured into the client

Client config information is included in SAS startup files

SAS gets access by using DB client with the connection config

Now, if the specific workspace server that you use from the desktop misses the connection configuration in its startup script, it can't use the DB access.

JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @VVDR

This error typically means that the product in question (in this case SAS/ACCESS to Teradata) is not installed or is configured improperly. Checking the license file (SETINIT) only tells us if the product is licensed.

Best wishes,

Jeff

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation