BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SaraVana
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All !,

i have alkoot_gross.sas7bdat file have 300MB . i need to export it into excel file. please give your suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I would suggest reading the extensive documentation and help videos.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/94/

http://video.sas.com/

There are numerous methods, depending on what software you have installed (i.e. what SAS you have, where it is installed etc.) and what output type you want, xlsx, xls, csv etc.  

SaraVana
Calcite | Level 5

actually i've installed sas university edition in my system ( it have .ova file) . i didn't used sas before. that's why asking detailed suggestions from you guys.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I would suggest using the XLSX libname engine. It is simple and will help you begin to learn SAS syntax.

First make a libref that points to the  directory that holds your SAS dataset. Then make a second libref that points to the file you want to create. 

libname in '/folders/myfolders/';
libname out xlsx '/folders/myfolders/alkoot_gross.xlsx' ;

Then you can use a data step 

data out.alkoot_gross;
  set in.alkoot_gross;
run;

or proc copy

proc copy inlib=in outlib=out;
  select alkoot_gross ;
run;
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If your dataset still fits into the limits of Excel spreadsheets (number of rows, number of columns), you just need to do a google search on the theme. There's already gazillions of posts here about export to Excel.

If not, forget it.

Personally I consider it brain-rotten stupid to put that much data into such an unreliable plaything as Excel. Especially when you have SAS at hand anyway. It's like trying to move five tons of boulders on a skateboard.

Reeza
Super User

@SaraVana wrote:

Hi All !,

i have alkoot_gross.sas7bdat file have 300MB . i need to export it into excel file. please give your suggestions.

The links included have detailed tutorials that illustrate how to export data. But if you really can't figure it out, you can right click the data set in the library, and select Export. It'll pop up a GUI interface that you can use to export the data. 

SAS Studio also has the built in tasks that will allow you to do it via a GUI or you can look at the snippets as well, for the skeleton code. 

The Tasks are on the left hand pane, under Data I believe.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation