BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
noob000
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am trying to wokr my way through the e-learning SAS Programming I module. I am on the step Submitting a SAS program, I see the results being generated but they will not open. I have tried double clicking and right clicking and choosing view in a new window  but nothing happens. The log does not show any errors and the programs submit without error. I was also able to properly create the orion dataset.

As a side note is there aw way to have the gui show up as a single window as oppose to separate floating windows?

My platform is mint Linux 19

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
can you provide the program?
noob000
Calcite | Level 5
data work.newcountry;
length Country_Code $ 2 Country_Name $ 48;
infile "&path/country.dat" dlm='!';
input Country_Code $ Country_Name $;
run;

proc print data=work.newcountry;
run;

This is just the program from the tutorial. I am on mint linux 19. I was finally able to open the report if I shut down SAS and my browser and then access the file. There has to be a better way to do this.
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

"As a side note is there way to have the gui show up as a single window as oppose to separate floating windows?"

Unfortunately the classic GUI has only those floating windows. You could check the licence, maybe a stand-alone version of SAS Studio is part of it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation