BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I apologize if this is not the correct location for this question.
My ctrl+end key takes me to the beginning of the file instead of the end.
It works exactly the same as my ctrl+home key.
Interestingly it works in the Enhanced Editor.
Any help would greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
6 REPLIES 6
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
It was/is my understanding that some of the CTRL key combinations are reserved by the OS and not under SAS's control. Like +END but also +C, +X, +A, +V etc.
My +END works as expected under Windows XP and SAS9.2.

Key definitions (those changes made through the KEYS window) are stored in your profile, but CTRL+END is not one of the combinations available.

And then I just cannot refrain from asking 'why the Program Editor?'
deleted_user
Not applicable
As to why the program editor.
When I initially started working, the SAS programmer at my work had set all the systems up on the Program Editor. Probably cause they don't like change, and now I feel like I am that way. I don't want to have to relearn anything.
But I'm going to probably switch, cause not having a working ctrl-end is going to drive me crazy.
Thanks for your help
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
When you say "systems are set up for the Program Editor", what are the issues relative to the conversion? When I did some conversions awhile back, from the Program Editor to the Enhanced Editor, I had some problems with some imbedded DM statements.
ballardw
Super User
Does the KEYS window show an entry for CTL END in your OS? KEYS settings may be involved with the "classic" program window.
deleted_user
Not applicable
@Artc I misspoke, the Windows XP PC assigned to me was set up with Program Editor and not knowing any better just started using that.

@Ballardw There is no entry for CTRl+END in fact most Windows short cuts are not in there for editing (CTRL+C CTRL+X, .. etc.)

It weird cause CTRL+END works exactly as expected in all other my applications.
Including TEXTPAD, EXCEL, in this forum text box. It even works in the Enhanced Editor.

It is really weird, I've tried searching the internet for it but to no avail.
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I suggest that you contact technical support. There may be an interaction that they know about.

But for my 2 cents worth the Enhanced Editor is worth getting to know, especially under windows. You lose little and gain LOTS!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation