BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SheilaR
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I'm trying to make sure I understand how the S test-statistic and corresponding p-values are being calculated in the Wilcoxon Signed Rank test in JMPs Matched Pairs Platform.  For example, if I compare two columns of data using the Matched pairs analysis in JMP and selected the Wilcoxon Signed Rank option, I see a Test Statistic S= 15.5 and a Prob>|S|= 0.2832.  I'm wondering what distribution of S (or other strategy) is JMP is using to calculate the p-value?

I can see from the basic analysis JMP pdf that W is computed as equal to 1/2 (sum of signed ranks).  I'm assuming that W is equivalent to S in this case.  Is that correct?

And again, I'm not sure how the p-value is calculated here.

I'm confused as to how the JMP output compares to, for example, calculating a test-statistic and determining whether it is a less than a given value (as a function of the sample size) in order to determine whether to reject the null hypothesis that the medians are the same.

Thank you in advance for any help! I really appreciate it!

2 REPLIES 2

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation