BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ImPrasad
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Friends,

I am a beginer in SAS.Recently I have checked the option READBUFF while DOWNLOADING the data from SERVER.Which really worked fanatastic.

My questions are as below:

1)Do we have any option to upload the data on server from local machine through SAS.

2)Why I am unable to use readdbuff statement while assigning library on local machine .

E.g.

libname dc "D:\Prasad\DC" readbuff=32000;

error message:

984 libname dc "D:\Prasad\DC" readbuff=32000;
--------
ERROR: Libname DC is not assigned.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
ERROR 22-7: Invalid option name READBUFF.

Thanks,

Prasad Devasthali

Business Analyst

HDFC Bank

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

READBUFF= is valid only for assigning libnames with SAS/ACCESS for Relational Databases. It is not valid for standard SAS libraries (directories that contain SAS datasets.

Do a google search for "SAS readbuff libname option"

What are you trying to do anyway, in detail?

ImPrasad
Calcite | Level 5

What is the wayout then??How could we upload data on server in batch mode?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Please read my post:

"What are you trying to do anyway, in detail?"

Without further knowledge nobody will be able to give a valid answer to your very unspecific question.

ImPrasad
Calcite | Level 5

I want to upload large data on server.Its a bimonthly activity data size is approx. 6 GB and it always take amount of time while loading through data set statement.

Is there any wayout for the same??I have used Readbuff statement while downloading the data from server.Is there any option available for fast ulpoading of data??

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What sort of server do you want to update? If it's a non-SAS server then you could try the INSERTBUFF= option to improve performance.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation