BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Evelina
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I'm using Base SAS and when I try to connect via Impala and Hive getting: 

libname imp1 impala dsn=Impala  db=default;

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [unixODBC][Cloudera][ImpalaODBC] (100) Error

from the Impala Thrift API: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS

failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Credentials cache file

'/tmp/krb5cc_320442' not found)

but i don't have any problem to run the impala libname in SAS EG and can connect. We have a connection for impala in odbc.ini file on server. Do you know what the problem is?

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Just to be clear, when you connect frpm EG you are connecting through the SAS server, right?

And when using Base SAS (actually I think you mean SAS Foundation, potentially DMS or batch?), you are using the same SAS installation/configuration as the EG session uses?

If so, this could be either a authorization problem, or you might miss some environment variables that is necessary to find the ODBC stuff.

Data never sleeps
Evelina
Obsidian | Level 7

Just to be clear, when you connect frpm EG you are connecting through the SAS server, right? Yes. I've created a connection to server in SAS EG and connect to server.

And when using Base SAS (actually I think you mean SAS Foundation, potentially DMS or batch?) Base SAS, DMS

you are using the same SAS installation/configuration as the EG session uses? If I understood correctly your question, I  connected to the same server then it is the same configuration for both SAS EG and Base SAS.

If so, this could be either a authorization problem, Where should I check the permission and what type of permission should I have and where?

or you might miss some environment variables that is necessary to find the ODBC stuff. Could you be more specific that which  environment variables you mean?  

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Just to be clear, when you connect from EG you are connecting through the SAS server, right?

And when using Base SAS (actually I think you mean SAS Foundation, potentially DMS or batch?), you are using the same SAS installation/configuration as the EG session uses?

If so, this could be either a authorization problem, or you might miss some environment variables that is necessary to find the ODBC stuff.

Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Check the configuration guide for your OS, AT LEAST FOR Linux/UNIX you need variables pointing to the ini file and the ODBC driver.
Data never sleeps
Evelina
Obsidian | Level 7

Could you be more specific about the variable that you mentioned?Here is the connection we have on server for Impala:

[Impala]
Description=Cloudera ODBC Driver for Impala (32-bit) DSN
Driver=/opt/cloudera/impalaodbc/lib/64/libclouderaimpalaodbc64.so
HOST=abc.adc.net
PORT=21050
Database=default
AuthMech=1
KrbFQDN=abc.adc.net
KrbRealm=domain1.adcb.com
KrbServiceName=impala
UID=
PWD=
CAIssuedCertNamesMismatch=1
TSaslTransportBufSize=1000
RowsFetchedPerBlock=10000
SocketTimeout=0
StringColumnLength=32767
UseNativeQuery=0
DriverUnicodeType=1
AutoTranslate=No

Could you answer the question about permission? if it is something that I should check or it is a ODBC issue?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation